PRESS RELEASES AND INDUSTRY NEWS FROM CONCORDE AUTO CENTRE
The place to find press releases from Concorde Auto Centre and what's new in the automotive services industry
Looking After Your Car in the Winter Months
With the recent sub-zero temperatures we have all been experiencing on our daily commute to work by car, it is worthwhile remembering that we should all be taking care of the engine under the bonnet of our vehicles. Keeping a check on our engine oil, fuel pumps, washer bottle and anti-freeze are all important to ensure the engine in your car keeps running smoothly during the winter months.
With that in mind, the road safety organisation GEM Motoring Assist have some useful tips on looking after your car during these cold early morning starts.
- Give your fuel pump plenty of time to pressurise by leaving the vehicle's ignition on for at least five seconds before activating its starter motor.
- The engine oil in order to provide the best protection must remain at an optimum temperature and drivers are advised to increase engine revs and load progressively once you've set off on your journey in the morning to ensure the car's engine warms up in a quick yet safe manner.
- Ensure that your engine coolant has anti-freeze in it, but at the correct strength of between 30 - 50 per cent during these sub-zero temperatures. But take care as a concentration level that is far too high will actually reduce the coolants effectiveness and too little anti-freeze may cause your engine to freeze.
- Make sure your screen wash bottle is topped up and that you are using the right concentration of washer solution to prevent it from freezing. Did you know that it is illegal to drive your car on UK roads with an empty screen wash bottle!
- At this time of year with the griters out in force, road dirt and grime can quickly build up over the surface of your car. Left too long, this dirt can eventually abrade and corrode your paint work. It is therefore advisable to give your car a regular and thorough wash, including under the wheel arches to remove excessive road dirt and grime.
It's never too late to make sure you are looking after your car and if you need assistance then drop by to one of our Concorde Auto Centre branches and an expert technician will be on hand to provide you with advice to ensure your car is running smoothly.
If your car is due a service then you can call our branches to have your car booked in at a time that is convenient for you and remember you will get a service from £60 at a Concorde Auto Centre branch near you.
About Concorde Auto Centre
With branches in Cambridge, Coventry, Leicester, Milton-keynes, Northampton, Norwich, Oxford, Peterborough, Swindon and Wisbech, Concorde Auto Centre offers a wide range of professional services with highly trained auto technicians always on hand to fit new parts or to offer advice to our loyal customers. Call us today to get the best prices on new car tyres fitted, winter car tyres fitted, wheel alignment, car exhaust systems, air conditioning recharges, replacement brake pads and discs, booking in your car for its MOT, car servicing, cambelts, shock absorbers, engine rebuilds, vehicle diagnostics, clutches, batteries, tow bars, turbo inspection and car gearboxes
SEARCH NEWS BY CATEGORY:
"I can't find any faults in the service they provided! I had an MOT and Service with Concorde and it was great from start to finish, keeping me well informed at all times. Really great price too!"
ALEX - 20 Dec 2014