PRESS RELEASES AND INDUSTRY NEWS FROM CONCORDE AUTO CENTRE
The place to find press releases from Concorde Auto Centre and what's new in the automotive services industry

No service history? No sale!

Published: Tuesday 14th of May 2013 | Author: Katie | Category: Servicing

For many people, a car is the second most expensive purchase of their life, after their home – which is why motorists need to make sure they can see a clear service history of the vehicle before driving off the forecourt. 

“The Watchdog found that one in five people buying a used car from a trader discover they have a problem with the vehicle”, reports NewsBBC.co.uk. It’s a sad but realistic fact that many motorists don’t get their car regularly serviced because of the cost – however what they don’t realise is it could cost you a lot more in the long run when things start to go wrong.

According to a survey carried out by Servicing Shop, 84% of motorists will NOT buy a car without a service history, which is great, but what about the other 16% who are willing to take a risk and buy a used car with no service history? The same survey also revealed that motorists would expect to pay 25% less for a used car with no service history. Unfortunately any leftover cash they save should be put aside for when they need it further down the line for repairs.

An article on Nantwich-News.co.uk highlights that “when it comes to selling any car, a full service history allows the buyer to paint a detailed picture of the car’s mechanical history – what work has been done, when it was done, and what work is likely to be needed”. A little bit of TLC makes a big difference to car maintenance!

According to CarData.com:

38% of cars have low or dirty engine oil

54% of cars have low tire pressure

28% of cars have inadequate cooling protection

19% of cars need new belts

16% of cars have dirty air filters

10% of cars have low or contaminated brake fluid

Although the number of motorists who would ensure the vehicle they are buying has a full service history is high, sadly not all motorists’ attitudes in the used car buying process are the same. The method of booking your car in to be serviced has been made even easier with the introduction of the EC Block Exemption Regulation 1400/2002, which now allows motorists to select where there car is serviced as opposed to having to use their main car dealer.

Concorde Auto Centre has trained technicians who specialise in Car Servicing from only £60 and MOTs from only £20. Visit www.concordeautocentre.com for more information.

Concorde also offer:

Brakes from only £30 

Tyres including fitting from only £25!

Clutches from only £78

FREE MOT when you book a scheduled service!

Call our new Leicester branch on 0116 366 0555 or visit http://concordeautocentre.com/branches/leicester 

Call 01733 340212 for Concorde Peterborough or visit http://concordeautocentre.com/branches/peterborough

Call 01945 582252 for Concorde Wisbech or visit http://concordeautocentre.com/branches/wisbech

 

About Concorde Auto Centre

With branches in Cambridge,   Coventry,   Leicester,   Milton-keynes,   Northampton,   Norwich,   Oxford,   Peterborough,   Swindon and Wisbech,   Concorde Auto Centre offers a wide range of professional services with highly trained auto technicians always on hand to fit new parts or to offer advice to our loyal customers. Call us today to get the best prices on new car tyres fitted, winter car tyres fittedwheel alignmentcar exhaust systemsair conditioning rechargesreplacement brake pads and discsbooking in your car for its MOTcar servicingcambeltsshock absorbersengine rebuildsvehicle diagnosticsclutchesbatteriestow barsturbo inspection and  car gearboxes


Request a callback from our customer support team

CUSTOMER FEEDBACK

"Loving the new courtesy cars Concorde, better than my own car!"

PETER - 01 May 2013

Choose Concorde Auto Centre for replacement Brakes, Pads and Discs with prices from only £30

Book your next service with Concorde Auto Centre from only £60

Concorde Auto Centre fit tyres from leading brands with prices from £25

Book your next MOT with Concorde Auto Centre for just £20


 

Concorde