PRESS RELEASES AND INDUSTRY NEWS FROM CONCORDE AUTO CENTRE
The place to find press releases from Concorde Auto Centre and what's new in the automotive services industry
Parents concern over their child's driving habits
Published: Monday 15th of July 2013 | Author: Naidre | Category: Industry News
Goodyear recently commissioned research with OnePoll where they asked 1700 parents what their views were towards young drivers (aged 17-24). The results showed that parents had a number of serious concerns regarding their children’s driving activities.
• 54% of parents think that the current driving test doesn’t prepare young drivers sufficiently for the road
• 36% of parents believe if their children had understood the theory elements of driving at an early stage during education their driving would be better
• 43% of parents are in agreement that the government should make early driving part of the National Curriculum
• 53% of parents would be prepared to support their child through extra driving training or lessons before they reach the legal driving age of 17
• 54% of parents think that the legal driving age should be increased
• 3% think that it should be decreased
• 25% of parents do not feel safe with their children driving on the roads
• 24% of parents say this anxiety is due to the fear of their child talking on their phone whilst driving
• 33% are worried that their child is speeding
• 69% feel uneasy due to the driving standards of the other road users
• 18% put a restriction on the number of passengers the young driver can take in their car to ensure their safety
• 15% of parents have put a limit on how far their child can drive
• 12% control the time of day that their child is allowed to drive
To give you peace of mind and ensure that your child's car is roadworthy, use Concorde Auto Centre, a garage you can trust. Call your local branch (Peterborough, Leicester or Wisbech) to book your son or daughters car in for an MOT, tyre check or a service, don't forget to ask about our latest offers.
About Concorde Auto Centre
With branches in Cambridge, Coventry, Leicester, Milton-keynes, Northampton, Norwich, Oxford, Peterborough, Swindon and Wisbech, Concorde Auto Centre offers a wide range of professional services with highly trained auto technicians always on hand to fit new parts or to offer advice to our loyal customers. Call us today to get the best prices on new car tyres fitted, winter car tyres fitted, wheel alignment, car exhaust systems, air conditioning recharges, replacement brake pads and discs, booking in your car for its MOT, car servicing, cambelts, shock absorbers, engine rebuilds, vehicle diagnostics, clutches, batteries, tow bars, turbo inspection and car gearboxes
SEARCH NEWS BY CATEGORY:
"I just thought I would drop you a quick email to say thank you for your service over the last few days.I found you not only competitive but offered a good service, a friendly atmosphere and most important of all, excellent aftersales. "
ANDREW - 21 May 2013